I have just released a few minor updates to nme + hxcpp, which you can find on haxelib. These are relatively small \- just pushing out a few fixes for some bugs that have been reported. In most cases the bug reports we accompanied by a fix \- you’ve gotta love open source. The iPhone/Xcode template has also been updated, you may need to follow the instructions in the post below.
There is one significant change though – the “nekoapi.dll” file that is used for compatibility between hxcpp binaries (ie, NME) and neko has changed its extension to “ndll” so that neko can communicate directly with it. This allows the String instances created externally to be “blessed” as haxe strings without having to call nekoToHaxe on them, and therefore methods such as substr will work.
The other change of note is that I removed the libfreetype code from the iPhone target, and used native font rendering instead. Let me know if this breaks anything. One side effect is that the default font will now be system dependent, with the iPhone getting its usual font. I will also have to have a good look at the font render quality – freetype may have a little bit better sub-pixel sharpness.
There was a bug in the 2.06 haxe distribution when writing files. I have fixed this by putting an override in hxcpp, which you can access with the command line options: “-lib hxcpp”. I have also folded this change into haxe svn, so you will not need to do this in 2.07.