I have put together a new version of hxcpp, the c++ backend for haxe. New features include improved coverage of language features. All the unit tests except remoting pass now. I have also cleaned up the ocaml code a bit and improved the output consistency. Still a bit to do here, but not that much.
The code now contains a dependency system that allows for incremental compiling, greatly improving the speed.
Dlls are now all in one directory – by adding this to the exe path no dll copying should be required. This still needs a little thought :- I tried to delay load the dll, thereby giving greater control over locating it, but it seems the rtti system brings the dll in before I can change the load path. Apart from this, most of the 0.1 TODO list is finished. There are still a few little language features required – such as “break” from within a return block but it’s 99% there, and the external libraries are pretty much untested.
I have also hijacked the neko code to provide OS libraries. This means that I had to allow “neko” class paths in the cpp target – this seems a little odd – I will have to think about a solution here.
Strings are implemented with wchar_t, rather than utf8 bytes, so some neko functions that took “string” actually take “byte array” in cpp. On the plus side, multi-byte characters are “native” in the c++ target.
The source and demos are in hxcpp-03.zip.